NI 43-101 Reports
Breccia Zones Study
NWT Mineral Deposits
1985 – Arthur Fisher Preliminary Evaluation
1995 -James W. Davis, M.Sc., P.Geol, F.GAC, P.Geo
1988 – Ross Glanville, B.A.Sc, P.Eng., M.BA, C.G.A
1987 – Juan C. Caelles, Ph.D., F.G.A.C
1987 – Caelles Geological Consultants LTD
1986 – Juan C. Caelles, Ph.D., F.G.A.C
1985 – Juan C. Caelles, Ph.D., F.G.A.C
1984 – William G. Knutsen, B.A.Sc., P.Eng
1984 – Juan C. Caelles, Ph.D., F.G.A.C ( Part 1 )
1984 – Juan C. Caelles, Ph.D., F.G.A.C ( Part 2 )
1984 – Juan C. Caelles, Ph.D., F.G.A.C ( Part 3 )
Assays & Visible Gold Studies
The South Gordon Lake property is located over the south half of Gordon Lake in the Northwest Territories. The property comprises ten historical occurrences of high-grade gold in quartz veins. The current mineral tenure comprises four (4) historical mining leases, eighteen (18) territorial claims and thirteen (13) federal claims. The South Gordon Lake Project (SGLP) lies 80 kilometers north-northeast of Yellowknife, the capital city of Northwest Territories. For the first time in the district’s almost 90-year history, all significant mineralization is owned by one corporate entity. Golden Pursuit Resources Ltd. (GDP) presently owns a 100% unencumbered interest in its properties that total 6851.27 hectares which are royalty free except for 2 small recently acquired leases.
The Company has been granted all permits required to conduct exploration on the project area. These permits include construction of work camps, surface exploration, approval for waste disposal and water use permits. All claims are in good standing with no environmental liabilities.
The district was actively explored from the 1930’s to the mid-1980’s when gold prices declined, and only sporadic work programs were conducted since. During this era, work
was focused on ore with a grade better than 1/2 ounce of gold which was the economic break even for mining, shipping and processing ores in Yellowknife. Consequently, sampling was conducted almost entirely on quartz veins.
Golden Pursuit are now aimed at developing the near surface breccia zones that were identified by drilling at Kidney Pond and were the subject of the PhD thesis of Dr. Tim Stokes. With the model of the Fosterville Deposit in the Bendigo District now fully understood, the deeper drill holes at Camlaren in the turbidite host reenforces the analogous nature of the SGLP deposits to Fosterville. These two deposit models will direct in the next stages of development at GDP projects.
The Gordon Lake property consists of the following historic projects much of which was compiled from the NWT Government 2016 publication” Guide to Mineral Deposits of the NWT” which is in the reports section on this website:
1. Kidney Pond
The Gordon Lake property is owned 100% by Golden Pursuit Resources since 2004. The property was first staked in 1937 by the Borealis Company Limited and prospected extensively between 1938 and 1944. Extensive surface work, including trenching, sampling, and diamond drilling was carried out by Sentinel Mines Limited.
The claims were allowed to lapse in 1947. The MAHE claim was staked in 1978, and, in 1981, the vein was drill tested with 46 holes, each 1 metre in length, and 26 trenches. Assays ranged from trace to 32.64 g/t Au.
In 1983, Giant Bay Resources Limited acquired a majority interest in the claim group. They performed line cutting, mapping, prospecting, trenching, and diamond drilling. Nine drill holes were completed for a total of 852 metres. Surface sampling delineated a zone 12 metres in length grading 20.6 grams per tonne over a three-metre width (National Mineral Inventory files). In 1984, an additional 25 holes were drilled totaling 498.7 metres. These outlined a geological reserve for the Kidney Pond zone of 500,000 tonnes grading 5.0 grams per tonne over an average width of nine metres to a depth of 121 metres (GCNL 28/6/84 and 10/7/84). Intersections were characterized by a high nugget effect making grade determination difficult. In 1985, 11 holes were drilled totaling 1,587 metres.
This drilling formed the basis for underground exploration the following year. The following year, the company completed 818 metres of underground development including, a 488-metre decline, and two, 3-metre by 4.27-metre drifts on the 61 metre level, totaling 165 metres each, to test the No. 1 or Kidney Pond Zone.
In 1986, Giant Bay Resources Limited drilled 2,633 metres from underground, and 791 metres in two holes from surface. A resource estimate was calculated at the end of the underground program (see below), however, a high nugget effect made grade determination difficult (AR 082129). In January of 1988, Giant Bay Resources decided they wouldn’t proceed with further development and sought to farm out the property. Historic NI 43-101 non-compliant 156,840 tonnes at 17.28 g/t Au. In March 1996, Bishop Resources (former name of Golden Pursuit Resources Ltd.) completed the acquisition of the Gordon Lake property from Kafus Capital Corp (formerly Giant Bay Resources).
In 1996, a property examination and data review was undertaken. Included in this work was identification of future exploration targets, and examination of bulk mining opportunities. No further work has been undertaken since 1996. Bishop Resources announced in 1998 that a reclamation program would be undertaken; little subsequent work was done. The areas around Gordon Lake were subject to a large reclamation project conducted by the Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada that effectively froze all exploration in the Gordon Lake are from 2016 to 2020. It was after this reclamation that Golden Pursuit acquired all properties. In 2020, the company acquired a data base documenting most previous work and it was with this knowledge funded a staking and acquisition program resulting in the ownership of it present holdings of 6851 hectares.
The remaining area surrounding Gordon Lake is presently subject to a indigenous land claim and cannot be acquired.
Bedrock and Mineral Deposit Geology :
The Kidney Pond showings are turbidite hosted occurring within the Burwash Formation. The Burwash Formation consists of interbedded carbonaceous siltstone or argillite, slate and phyllite, which are isoclinally folded about northwest to west-northwest axis. In the Kidney Pond zone, auriferous quartz breccias are stratabound within thin-bedded alternating greywackes and carbonaceous siltstones. These stratabound breccias were formed by intense, dextral, bedding-parallel shears and complex, repeated, enechelon veining, induced by asymmetrical tightening of the east limb of the Gordon Lake refold. The breccias are associated with distinct crenulation cleavage (Stokes et al., 1989). The west-northwest-striking mineralized zone has been traced along strike for 305 metres. It is open at depth and to the northwest and varies in thickness from 6 metres to greater than 30 metres, both along strike and at depth. Sulphide content is generally 2 to 3% and includes, in decreasing order of abundance, arsenopyrite, pyrrhotite, pyrite, chalcopyrite, and galena. Significant Results A preliminary resource estimate by Giant Bay Resources, after the 1988 underground program, was estimated at 156,840 tonnes grading 17.28 g/t Au. This resource was calculated using a 6.86 g/t Au cut off, a 1.2 metre minimum width and a specific gravity of 2.8 for assays cut to 69 g/t Au (AR 082129). A 1995 valuation report on the Gordon Lake property resulted in a smaller, but higher-grade deposit (the resource has not been updated to NI 43-101 standard
During the winter of 2021, Golden Pursuit completed line cutting, sampling and geophysical that resulted in extremely high grade results especially from the Lynk Zone which are described in the company’s July 2022 NI 43-101 report on this website.
2. Camlaren Mine
Initial work on the property began in 1936, which included staking and shaft sinking on the Hump Vein in 1937. By the end of 1938, two head frames had been erected, and after extensive underground development and diamond drilling, reserves were reported to be 11,793 tonnes at an average grade of 21.2 grams per tonne gold. Little evidence of work exists between 1938 and 1958, when Consolidated Northland Mines conducted exploration on the site. This work resulted in the calculation of a property resource of 13,607 tonnes at a grade of 30.9 g/t Au.
During the period 1962 to 1964, ore from Camlaren was transported to Discovery Mine for processing. It was reported that approximately 10,886 tonnes of ore, was shipped 40 kilometres north to Discovery Mine and milled. In 1974, Discovery Mines acquired the property. The shaft was deepened to 255 metres, and two new levels were developed. In 1977, the property was leased to Noranda Incorporated and Pamour Porcupine Mines.
The shaft was deepened, and beginning in July 1980, stockpiles were milled while the shaft work was conducted. Mining took place on three levels above the 300-m level. Milling took place on site, until September 1981, when the mine and mill were shut down. Significant gold intersections at depth were not accessed due to dilution” resulted from mechanized raising” and by the presence of a barren dyke that cut the vein unexpectedly at depth. The mill recovered 586 kg Au and 187 kg Ag from approximately 51,000 tonnes of ore (NMI, NTS 85I/14, Ref Au 9 and MIR 1980-81). During its two operational periods, the Camlaren Mine reportedly produced over 992 kilograms of gold from ore with an average grade of 19.54 g/t Au (Triple Dragon MD&A June 30, 2009).
The last drilling completed at Camlaren has shown that high-grade gold mineralization continues at depth below the historical mining depth of 1,000 feet. The highest-grade intersection reported from the 1980 drill program was at 1,120 feet below surface returning 2.65 ounces/ton Au across 21.1 feet (82.41 g/t Au across 6.43 meters).
Triple Dragon Resources Inc. staked two claims over the historical Camlaren Gold Mine property, and nearby showings, in 2009. During the summer 192 samples were collected from various trenches, stockpiles, muck piles and tailings ponds, as well as outcropping quartz veins. A National Instrument 43-101 technical report was subsequently prepared on the CAM Claims by John Gorham, of Dahrouge Geological Consulting Ltd. GDP has commissioned Dahrouge to compile all previous data into and exploration database and model that will investigate the analogy of Camlaren and the other turbidite hosted deposits such as Australia’s Fosterville and the Queensway Project in Newfoundland.
3. Burnt Island
The property was initially staked in 1939 by the Mining Corporation of Canada Limited. A limited exploration program, which included trenching and sampling, was carried out. In the early 1940’s, Zolota Yellowknife Mines Limited re-staked the property, and drilled a total of 368 metres in 17 holes. These holes are reported to have tested sulphide rich quartz veins. The best reported result from this drilling was 6.2 grams per tonne over 3.3 metres. Evidence of this work was filed for assessment purposes in 1947. In 1945, a 2.7 metre by 2.7 metre inclined shaft was sunk 13 m. Quartz veining with visible gold was stockpiled.
In 1982, Burnt Island Gold Limited drilled nineteen holes on Burnt Island. In 1989, Cameron Mining Limited put in a decline to the 30 metre level and took an approximately 2,000 tonne bulk sample of mineralized material with a grade of 25.7 grams per tonne from the No. 1 vein (AR 083670).
In 1998, prospecting and sampling were performed by W. Humphries. A sample from the lake bottom, near the original mill, assayed 36 g/t Au (AR 084211). Triple Dragon Resources Inc. optioned the property in August, 2009. Regional prospecting and sampling was carried out over historic deposits and showings in the area. The following year one of the claims was brought to lease. GDP acquire the property by staking in 2020.
Yellowknife prospectors J. Woolgar and G. Wonnacott first staked the property in 1946. Zolota Yellowknife Mines Limited optioned the property and performed trenching and diamond drilling before relinquishing it in April 1947.
In 1947, the owners and J. McAvoy installed a small mill, and hand cobbed the vein material, to produce 1.5 kilograms of gold. West-Bay Yellowknife Mines Limited acquired the property in 1948 and a larger mill was brought on to the property. Further trenching and hand cobbing of the vein material produced an additional 6.8 kilograms of gold. Between 1946 and 1948, trenching, diamond drilling, and milling produced 9.6 kilograms of gold and 980 grams of silver from 278 tonnes of ore.
The original claims lapsed in 1966, however J. Woolgar re-staked the No. 1 Zone showing and kept it until 1977 (AR 017981). There is no record of work on the property until 1977, when the ground was staked again. Allan Reed and John Doucette staked the showing and hand cobbed and milled some ore, recovering approximately 840 grams of gold (AR 082258).
Black Ridge Gold Limited acquired the claims in 1981, and carried out exploration in the area until the end of 1984. In 1982, twenty holes totaling 420 metres of BQ core was drilled (AR 081574). Cruiser Minerals Limited carried out the 1984 program, under an option agreement. Between 1982 and 1984 trenching and diamond drilling were performed. Through this period 44 holes were drilled for a total of 1,635.7 metres. At the end of the 1984 program, the project operator published a resource for the DAF of 5,000 tonnes at a grade of 30.4 grams per tonne. During 1985 further geological mapping, geochemical sampling and ground magnetic and VLF EM surveys were completed (AR 081939).
In 1987, Black Ridge Gold and Cruiser Minerals drilled 400m (Exploration Overview 1987) In 1990, New Era Development Limited had Cameron Mining Limited mine a 1900 (possibly closer to 1500) tonne bulk sample in February and March, and transport it to Burnt Island. It was transported from Burnt Island via the ice road to the Ptarmigan mill for processing in 1991. The grade of the ore was 19 g/t Au (Exploration Overview 1990, 1991).
In 1997, the DAF deposit was held by J. McBryan. Trevor Teed staked the DAF property in January, 2003 (adjacent to the WT claims). The claim lapsed and prospector, Walter Humphries, staked it. He has taken the claim to lease. Bedrock and Mineral Deposit Geology Greywacke and slate interbeds of the Archean Yellowknife Supergroup host gold-bearing quartz veins. The veins strike north 10° to 40° east and dip 55° to 75° southeast and follow along the axis of a syncline. The main vein averages approximately 1.4 metres in width (the width can vary from 0.5 to 3.2 metres); it is exposed for approximately 100 metres. There is a wide portion of the vein on the east flank, called the “Hump” which is up to 10.7 metres wide. Sulphides found in the vein are reported to include pyrite, galena, chalcopyrite, and sphalerite. Visible gold is present.
Significant Results A property resource of 5,000 tonnes at a grade of 30.4 g/t Au was reported after the drilling program in 1984. The method of calculation of this resource is not known. This resource was partially mined by Cameron Mining Limited in 1990.
History Gold was first discovered on the GAB property in 1947. Discovery was followed by the drilling of 18 shallow holes, 12 of which returned gold values over widths of 0.6 to 1.8 metres. The property was then optioned to Goldcrest Mines Limited, who drilled 396 metres in 23 holes and then dropped the option.
In 1950, Garskie Gold Mines Limited acquired the claims and drilled 1,024 metres in 13 holes. Visible gold with pyrite and galena were reported in two of the holes. Maps showing the location of drill holes and trenches are available from NTGS (AR 015228).
In 1969, the claims were re-staked by G.B. Brown and Precambrian Mining Services was hired to evaluate the claims (AR 060410). Drilling did not produce significant results (Brown, 1969; Padgham et al., 1974). In 1973 and 1974, trenching was carried out by Precambrian Mining Services. No results of this work could be located.
In 1986, Treminco Resources Limited optioned the GAB leases (and staked adjacent claims). In 1987, they drilled 27 holes, totaling 877 metres. A program of detailed mapping, trenching and examination of old drill core was also conducted (AR 082647). Treminco Resources changed its name to Elkhorn Gold Mining Corporation in 1999. The property was staked in 2003 by Max Braden (as the Tryme claim). For a day in 2003 and 2005 prospecting was performed and seven representative samples were taken from historic trenches along a northwesterly strike length of about 120 metres (north of the former shaft). Six of the seven samples resulted in assays ranging from 1.4 g/t Au to 17.8 g/t Au (AR 084887).
Bedrock and Mineral Deposit Geology The property is underlain by Archean Yellowknife Supergroup sediments of the Burwash Formation, which consists of interbedded greywacke, shale arkose and quartzite, metamorphosed to knotted quartz-mica schist and hornfels. Visible gold is associated with pyrite, pyrrhotite, arsenopyrite, chalcopyrite, sphalerite, and galena in quartz veins, within a shear zone, cutting the knotted quartz mica schist. The quartz vein system is bedding parallel within a deformed mafic –rich unit. There is a granitic intrusive / metasedimentary rock contact which appears to be buried beneath the nearby lake.
Treminco (Elkhorn) reported a property resource of 27,215 tonnes at an average grade of 10.63 grams of gold per tonne after the 1987 exploration program (AR 082647)
Dome Mines Limited discovered the WT gold showings west of the AP claims in 1938. The WT gold deposit was outlined in 1939 and estimated to contain 25,400 tonnes grading 9.8 g/t Au. It was located one kilometre west of the AP 3 claim. In 1945, the Prospect Street Syndicate staked a large block of claims in the area.
In 1960, W. Ternowski staked the WT claims. In 1961, Giant Yellowknife Mines Limited optioned the claims, and performed geological mapping and sampling. During 1962- 63 Consolidated Discovery Yellowknife Mines optioned the property and drilled 40 holes totaling 1,200 metres on the WT claims. They outlined the No. 1 Zone deposit. Little work was done in the following years. The WT 1-3 property was recorded as a mining lease in 1972; the leases lapsed in 1998.
In the 1970s, work included prospecting and sampling of arsenopyrite-rich quartz veins (AR 019193; AR 080017, AP claims; AR 015146, WT claims). In 1974, Precambrian Shield Resources Limited optioned the property and completed additional sampling (AR 080167, AP Group). In 1974, a 142 metre long decline and 125 metres of drifting and crosscutting were carried out, along with underground diamond drilling (Mineral Industry Report 1974).
The following year, detailed geological mapping, and ground EM and magnetometer surveys outlined a moderate conductor flanked by a magnetic anomaly. Four diamond drill holes were completed totaling 444.7 metres. Giant Yellowknife Mines Limited (GYML) optioned the property from Precambrian Shield Resources Limited in 1979. In 1980, GYML drilled four holes totaling 472 metres. Assays from 0.34 to 0.68 g/t Au were common throughout the holes. GYML also completed litho-geochemical and gossan sampling to outline alteration zones. A resource of 58,299 tonnes at an average grade of 5.3 g/t Au was reported after the 1974 exploration program. In 1981, GYML drilled 415 metres in three holes based on their interpretation of the chemical data. Ryan Energy Corporation optioned the property in 1984 and drilled ten holes totaling 5,585 feet. Several high-grade intervals were cut over significant widths (AR 015272).
Aber Resources Limited optioned the adjacent property in 1985, established a new grid on 20-metre line and station spacing and conducted geological mapping, sampling, and ground EM and magnetic surveys. Three holes, totaling 315 metres were drilled on the AP-3 claim, southeast of Myrt Lake. The best intersection assayed 1.99 g/t Au over 12 metres (AR 082059).
In 1987, Tanqueray Resources Limited optioned the property and completed mapping, prospecting, and airborne geophysical surveys. Four diamond drill holes totaling 469.3 metres were completed to test geophysical conductors; the best assay was 0.75 g/t Au over 1.5 metres.
In 1989, Pamorex Minerals Incorporated optioned the claims and conducted detailed geological mapping, sampling, and ground geophysical surveys. The geophysics helped to define a shear zone in iron formation and a separate sulphide zone (AR 082923).
The mineral leases surrounding the deposit lapsed in 1998. Trevor Teed staked the WT claim in 2003. The claim was allowed to lapse. The deposit was restaked in 2015 by Mike Magrum. GDP staked the project in 2020 and acquired the contiguous Vaydik lease in 2021.
Bedrock and Mineral Deposit Geology - Mafic to felsic flows and agglomerates of the Cameron River volcanic belt and conformably overlying metasediments, predominantly turbiditic sediments, form a north-trending east-dipping homocline. Silicate iron formation, containing amphibole, garnet, and minor sulphides at the contact between the volcanics and the sediments, is sheared and crosscut by quartz veins. The contact between mafic-intermediate and felsic volcanics is characterized by carbonate alteration, sulphides and quartz veining, and is called the Sulphide Zone. Drilling intercepted altered volcanics and sediments, crosscut by quartz veins and stockworks containing pyrrhotite, arsenopyrite, pyrite, chalcopyrite, sphalerite and trace galena.
The original claims, "Pormac", were staked in 1937 and 1938. Most of the work prior to 1942 was targeted toward the quartz veins and gold potential. As demand for tungsten came about due to World War 2, the attention was focused on tungsten concentrate. Minor production happened between 1942 and 1943 by Goodrock Gold Mines.
The claims lapsed in 1958. In 1997, Joe McBryan staked the "Argonaut" claim and it lapsed in 2000. Walt Humphries staked the "Argo" claim in 2004. GDP acquired 3 territorial and 2 federal claims here in October of 2020 to cover Goodrock and Storm mineral occurrences.
Originally discovered as a high-grade gold showing in 1937. In 1942, Goodrock Gold Mines acquired a 60% interest in this project and established several pits and trenches along a 2,000' strike length. Diamond drilling revealed scheelite ores to a depth of 150'.
The only production numbers that can be located is that a total of 720 lbs of tungsten concentrate were produced in the NWT in 1943. The Argonaut was the only known producer of tungsten at this time, so it is assumed that the tungsten production was predominantly from this site. Grades were as high as 16% WO3
8. Murray Lake
The "Pan" claims were staked by Gordon Murray in September of 1937 for Cominco Limited after a discovery of a high-grade gold showing. Extensive prospecting occurred between 1937 and 1938, Between the fall of 1937 and December of 1938, a total of 110 trenches were excavated. No diamond drilling occurred. No assays were reported. Shaft work was undertaken during 1940 and 1941. One 8'X6' shaft down to 13' on the #1 and one 6'X5' shaft on the #7 vein were completed. Work ceased and it is assumed the grade could not carry an operation. Small irregular quartz veins have returned assays up to 9.6 oz/ton of gold across 1.5’. Limited work has happened since that time.
Alex Mitchell staked the "Bairn" claims to cover the showing area in 1957, and again were allowed to lapse. In the 1980's, several small exploration sampling programs happened. Aurora Geosciences staked the "Murray" claim in 2003 for Dahrouge Consulting who optioned to Evolving Gold Corp. No assessment work has been noted from Evolving Gold. GDP acquired 2 federal claims here in October of 2020